To promote recovery and a community free from sexual assault and family violence committed to the principles of social justice and human rights.
Statement of Purpose
To provide high quality service, sensitive and responsive to those who have experienced and been impacted by sexual assault and family violence and to work for the prevention and elimination of such violence.
- The perpetration of sexual assault and family violence is never acceptable. It is a violation of human rights and a crime against individuals and society.
- Sexual assault and family violence are whole of community concerns and it is the responsibility of the whole community to actively work towards prevention and elimination.
- It is the right of all victim/survivors to be supported in their recovery and have their experiences of abuse heard and acknowledged.
Aims and Objectives
Barwon CASA aims and objectives are to:
- Support the integrity, autonomy, empowerment and dignity of victim/survivors
- To proactively work towards prevention by promoting community awareness, fostering community responsibility and challenging the underlying societal factors and structures that underpin sexual assault and family violence
- Provide a range of accountable services informed by best practice and research that recognise the complexity of issues surrounding sexual and family violence
- Deliver accessible services that recognise and respond to the diverse range of individuals and communities.
- Provide expertise, consultation, training and development to professionals and organisations