AFTER HOURS COUNSELLOR ADVOCATE
Barwon CASA & Minerva Community Services have merged to provide specialist case management, therapeutic counselling, prevention, early intervention and professional education regarding sexual assault and family violence across the Barwon and Wimmera Regions. We are a partner organisation in the Barwon Multidisciplinary Centre (MDC) with Victoria Police and DHHS Child Protection in providing a comprehensive victim centred response
About the Role:
The Casual After Hours Counsellor Advocates are responsible for providing a specialist crisis care afterhours service, on a rostered on call basis. This will include providing crisis intervention, trauma counselling and psychological first aid to people who have experienced recent sexual assault and to their non offending families.
The Successful applicant will have:
- A relevant graduate or post graduate qualification in psychology, social work or other relevant discipline
- A minimum two years relevant experience post qualification
- Be adaptable, capable of responding to change and enjoy working within a team environment.
- Demonstrated competencies in assessment and risk management, crisis intervention and trauma counselling.
- Sound knowledge of the effect and impact of interpersonal trauma on adults, young people, children and their non offending families
- A comprehensive understanding of the issues relating to sexual assault and family violence with a gendered feminist, structural, individual, legal and medical context
- The ability to problem solve and work effectively and accurately under pressure, whilst maintaining competing priorities and with minimum supervision
What we offer:
- Values driven culture
- Salary packaging benefits
- Flexible working conditions
We encourage applications from people of all ages, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples.
To be the successful candidate you must meet the position requirements as well as provide a current Police Record Check and Working with Children Check.
Please click here to view the position description and source further details on the applicant submission requirements. Applications close at: Monday 7 August 2017